A controller for PMAs with a brain

A controller for PMAs with a brain

Beitragvon BobMann » Mo 2. Jan 2012, 02:09

Hello and Happy New Year to all.
I have posted in other forums in the past of my work with the Mann Smart Drive that is based on the F&P stator 60 unit witch makes 1050 Watts in to the Grid at 600 RPM. I followed a path of very high volts out of my unit only to find it drove the cost of useing it into the grid costly but do able.

Steve Hansel had been working on this product for a few years just for the small wind mill units. I have helped from time to time with input of my needs in a controller.

Please take a look at it and let him know if it will work for you too.
I will be doing some field and wind speed tests next week with a new VAWT and my High out put PMA. I will post the out come of those test.

Controller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TE38SOd ... AAAAAAABAA

Bob Mann
BobMann

Re: A controller for PMAs with a brain

Beitragvon Bernd » Mo 2. Jan 2012, 21:57

Hello Bob, i have posted the same video link yesterday. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1336
It seems interessting, but some users noticed that they think this board would be only for low power systems
because of the little parts he used for the board.
I do understand this mppt board only for using to load batterys, because a grid tie inverter has a mppt itself.

Grüsse

Bernd
Bernd

Beitragvon BobMann » Mo 2. Jan 2012, 22:48

Far from it that little board can handle 2000 Watts.
My Mann Smart Drive push out over 600 Volts and 1000+ Watts at just over 500 RPM.
This board is like having traction control and ABS brakes on a wind turbine. Every thing
you need is in the board it can be used to charge a battery bank or use Low cost grid ties to back feed
the home power grid.
I have many grid ties from cost of $200 US to $1800 Ginlong 2K grid tie. none do a very good job of tracking.

If used right it could bring a wind turbine performce up by 20% testing will tell us on that.
BlockDiagram.png
C Floating Rotor Turbine
BlockDiagram.png (11 KiB) 5044-mal betrachtet

I will do testing in a few weeks with the new C Foating Rotor and the Mann Smart Drive on a trailer for wind power test.
Bob Mann
BobMann

Beitragvon BobMann » Do 12. Jan 2012, 03:02

Hello I up loaded a VID of a Bench test of the Smart Control I performed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-aUGz_ ... e=youtu.be

Hello this is a controlled bench test of Steves Smart Controller A new type of controller for small wind turbines and Hydo and fuel fired power generators.
I this has to be one of the most amazing product to come along for the DYI wind and Hydro world .
By one hand I can make over 121 Watts from the Mann Smart Drive ( the grid Tie takes 10 watts to run) the firmware is not finished but close.
You can feel the Smart Drive loading the PMA and makeing adjustments to pull all the power out of the Mann Smart Drive
BobMann

Zurück zu Generatoren