my own wing design lift type vawt

my own wing design lift type vawt

Beitragvon lloydtr1@yahoo.ca » Di 23. Nov 2010, 03:22

I design this wing myself "REMKICK" and if you go to vawt.net you will see its test. it starts almost as well as a c rotor or lenz and has a much better power band in the 120-200 rpm range with tsr 1 1/2- 2 loaded
here is a quick video of my lift type vawt with a building in the background that houses the head office of the corporation that controls all the lotto business in BC. the large solar panel is solar tracking and grid tied and cost $37,000.00CA installed.
My vawt cost about $2.00 installed because all the material was salvaged from construction sites except the aluminum skin on the foam wings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lhr-xKjCQs

this is the same wing in a larger size 2mx1.2m at 0 degrees mount angle geared 6-1 to a 120v-1600rpm magnet type brush motor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gTqX7xE21c
lloydtr1@yahoo.ca

Re: my own wing design lift type vawt

Beitragvon Bernd » Di 23. Nov 2010, 17:52

Welcome on board Lloyd.
You have a great view from you terrace, i think it must be every time very windy there ?
The turbine in your second video is spinning nice.
Ma be you can show our guys here a picture or drawing of your profile shape ?

Greetings

Bernd
Bernd

Beitragvon lloydtr1@yahoo.ca » Di 23. Nov 2010, 22:21

thanks for the welcome Bernd
I don't know how the translator works on your end but for me I have to have two pages open, 1-logged on only comes in German, will not translate. The other , not logged on , the translator works, so I go back and forth :<) but it is worth it for all the good information on your site. The blade profile is the one posted on the Vawt.net site and tested in the spinoff but I made a couple of improvements that Steve is running right now. the wings with the maple leafs on are the new type and have been running for a month nowand if your guys youtube me "Remkick" they can see some more about them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5eUaoDV1E&feature=player_embedded here is the spinoff sim. this is a private sim
I was told I can use the private info that Steve developed to show my blade and promote it using his sims
lloydtr1@yahoo.ca

Beitragvon jb79 » Mi 24. Nov 2010, 10:09

I like the simulation, showing the dynamics of the pressure.
lg Jürgen
jb79

Beitragvon lloydtr1@yahoo.ca » Mi 24. Nov 2010, 10:28

Steve, a member of the board over there runs these sims and you have to take them with a grain of salt because some as tested showed really well in the sims but in real life did not do very well, if they started at all. At least mine I can watch running and starting under load every day and I know it is a very versatile wing with very good power characteristics. I wish I could do the sims myself but it is good of Steve to put the time he does into them.
I hope I cxan post this link because I have tried to put the picture from my computer and it won't do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssIR51KugK4
lloydtr1@yahoo.ca

Beitragvon lloydtr1@yahoo.ca » Mi 24. Nov 2010, 16:09

As to the view Bernd
It is nice to awake in the morning and look far in many directions. I thought it was windy too until I put my little mill up. Then I found the one achilles heel of vawts and that is wind from underneath disrupting the flow of air through the mill. I am right on the crest of a 500ft. 100+m bank and the ground wind speed is usually faster than the air speed so I get the wind coming up the bank and underneath the mill and so the wings do not fly very well. I have a flat tish kind of roof so I plan to put it there on a low self supporting stand so it will get air from the side all the time from all directions. I am also in a back eddy kind of wind current where the valleys meet so the winds swirl a lot and I never get the steady blow that the airport weather station reports but in spite of my complaints, I feel very lucky to live where I do because I do get usable wind from three directions. Behind me is a mountain and if I get a wind from there It will be very hot.
lloydtr1@yahoo.ca

Beitragvon Bernd » Mi 24. Nov 2010, 18:34

Lloyd i would like to know how the goverment there is thinking about winturbines and there needed poles.
Here in germany they are very strictly to allthose things. Normaly it's not allowed to put up a pole
with a turbine on top.

Grüsse

Bernd
Bernd

Beitragvon lloydtr1@yahoo.ca » Do 25. Nov 2010, 03:26

hi Bernd,

our system is complaint based and we are allowed to build approved structures to 30ft. without special planning or permits.I am sure though that if someone coplained there would have to be a response but my neighbors like my projects and I have a large yard so if anything falls apart it stays in my yard. Most people here are pretty lenient
I'll have to take a look at the city bylaws if I decide to make anything big
Lloyd
lloydtr1@yahoo.ca

Beitragvon lloydtr1@yahoo.ca » Fr 26. Nov 2010, 19:34

[url][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HljldZJ0JKI/url]
winter is herewinter is here,
2 minutes after I left the cap was gone. It warmed up again now and we are at -3c degrees and expecting above 0c by the end of the day. the mill has benn running at 2-300 rpm for abot 17 days now 24 hours a day excapt for the odd time when the wind is changing. The shock absorbers are doing their job perfectly

Beitragvon Bernd » Sa 27. Nov 2010, 09:57

Did i see this right Lloyd, did you use rubber tape for this ?

Bernd
Bernd

Nächste

Zurück zu andere Vertikal-Rotoren